Avarie was not doing so good today. It seems her ankles are acting up again. I am so frustrated, the Dr's said the steroid shots should put her in remission, in her ankles at least, for up to a year. They also doubled her dose of the neproxin for the last week, but that doesn't seem to be helping at all. She seems to be going down hill again and I know that means they are going to want to start her on some other meds. Which is ok if it is going to help her, but there are so many and some of them I am told are scary. I don't know anything about any of them. If it something that I was going to take I wouldn't hesitate, I can tell if my body is reacting weirdly or if I am having a side effect. That is not so clear in a 3 year old. I don't want her on something that could harm her. She is so young and there is so much info out there that I don't know what is going to be right for her. I know some people will have many opinions on this and I welcome them all. But please let me talk to the Dr's and get their take first and then I can ask for advice and input on their recommendations. Any more then that and I think I will be confused and overwhelmed. I am still trying to understand what her blood work means let alone memorize all these different meds and their side effects.
I think I was secretly(well maybe not so secretly) hoping that we were over the worst and she would be one of those lucky kids that outgrew this really fast. I have to admit I am worried about this down turn less then one week after the steroid shots.
The Dr's said that she should use the joints and that I should not stop her or try to make her take it easy on them, but I am wondering if she could maybe be over doing it. Is it possible that she should be taking it easier with them. I just am not understanding why these shots are not helping more, she was doing so good on Tuesday and Wednesday day. She never quite walked normally but she was getting better each day. Then last night she started complaining and walking less and now today it is even less and I can tell her ankle is still swollen.
Anyway, I just thought I would leave a little update.
I'm calling the Dr tomorrow, hopefully we can get her better soon.
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
OH NO! Hopefully the doctor will have some answers for you that will make you fell better. Although I read some of this book about child vaccinations and I brought up some of the things to the doctor and he told me the opposite. So your just left to wonder who is right. You will know the right thing to do in the end. Tell your doctor about all your worries. Maybe he can help.
Post a Comment