Friday Avarie, went and had steroid injections in her ankles. They put her under anesthesia for it. They said it could take 1-3 days to fully work. Today is day 2 and we are seeing some improvement, although it is slow. They also said that the steroids could cause some mood swings, like extreme grumpiness, which if you look at the pictures below you can get a glimpse that that one is true. They listed a lot of potential side effects, so far the emotion one is the only one we have noticed. She stood a couple of times yesterday and today we are working on her starting to walk, she has walked a little this morning, but most times she starts crying saying it hurts, so we're not pushing it too hard. Although I did tell her that I would not carry her any more today, so she crawls and then carefully gets her self up on things. I think she is a little scared to walk just yet, but I can tell that it does still hurt her a little, and it is still swollen, its not as swollen though.
family that would do so much for us and not even think twice about it. Turns out that the alternator went bad. We just put a new one in about a year ago and it is under warranty so Monday they are replacing it and my brother in law is putting it in for us. Again a wonderful family to give up his Saturday night to tow our van to his work and then Monday he is going to install the alternator.
Then that night I was suppose to be getting ready for a garage sale on Saturday that I needed to have, but I was so exhausted from the day I didn't know how I was going to get ready for it, until my sister in law Becky called and offered to come over and help me. She showed up and stayed until everything was priced and ready. My mind was so shut down that that was quite a task for her to keep me focused. The garage sale was a success and another wonderful sign of my family, my sister in law Rachel and my brother Ryan came over to shop at my garage sale, but ended up bringing us lunch and cleaning my kitchen for me.
I can not say thank you enough to everyone for all of their wonderful help. I would never have made it through this weekend with out all the help. This weekend was definitely one of those times when my plate was overflowing and I am so grateful to have loved ones that are willing to help with the overflow. Thank you, everyone.



4 comments:
www.rheumatic.org
That is the website. Sorry I just copy ans pasted stuff and it came out weird. Poor girl!
I forgot to mention that I really had no idea what she was talking about either. I don't think it help out that it was written directed toward me. I didn't want to misinform so i figured that I would copy and pasted it so i wouldn't leave out something important.
Thanks Morgan. She gave a lot of really good info, I think. I'm just not educated on any of the potential drugs yet or their side effects. I need to start learning though. I think I keep hoping that this is all going to just go away like it was just a really long, bad flu. Thats probably naive, I think I know that it will flare up again some where in her body, I just can't imagine it. I think I am kind of in denial about it. The sooner I snap out and start getting educated the better, I just need a moment to breath and take it all in first. Tomorrow should be a better day. Today was definitely a good breather and relaxing for the most part. I should be ready to start facing things tomorrow.
What else is family for? Of course we help! I hope Avarie is having a better day today and that your garage sale was a success.
Becky
Post a Comment