Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Cardiology Apt. Today

So the cardiologist did not think that Avarie's heart murmur has anything to do with the pain she has been in. He did find a murmur, what is causing it was a small hole in her heart about the size of a pin. He assures me that it is completely OK though. He said her heart developed that way during pregnancy, and it will cause her no problems in life. He said she can even be an Olympic athlete and it won't affect her. That is a huge relief, gotta admit when he said hole in her heart my entire insides felt like they flipped over inside, then he explained it and I felt much better. He does want to see her again in 4 years to recheck it, but says that it should either close up on its own over time or always be there and be OK.
So next is on to Rhuematology. I've left a message for her Dr to try to get her in ASAP because Sunday night her other arm began to hurt her. The right arm is not as soar as the left, not yet anyway, but it is definitely starting to bother her. Its been her left arm this whole time and her right ankle, but the ankle got better and now she has both arms hurting. Getting dressed and undressed is becoming an issue for her. She doesn't complain about the pain very often, she just simply doesn't use the joints. Although if you ask her if anything hurts she'll point right to her arm, so I know it hurts her I think she is just learning to live with it. That makes me sad for her, but I'm glad that she is so strong that she is enduring all of this so well. Hopefully we'll have some answers soon.
Thanks for all of your prayers and support, we're not quite to the end of this, but hopefully we'll have some answers soon. So please keep Avarie in your prayers and thoughts that we will get to the bottom of this soon and keep me in there also that I will have the patients to endure the extra whining and stress that goes along with a 3 year old not feeling well.

2 comments:

Jenell said...

OK technically the heading should read yesterday, because I wrote this at 1am on Wed. So sorry if there is any confusion. Her apt was on Tuesday.

Rachel and Ryan said...

I am sooo happy to hear the good news about Avarie's heart. Thanks for keeping us all updated.

Last night was a lot of fun! Let me know what day if any next week would be good for shopping. Also when can I come over and pre garage sale?