I haven't posted for several days because I've been busy, sorry. Since my last post I had a wonderful birthday. Honestly one of the best I've ever had. 30 so far is great. I also have finished two books in the last week that have strengthened and helped me. The first one is "The Peacegiver" by James L. Ferrell. This book was amazing. It is a very easy read for anyone that just needs a quick read, but it is very moving and strengthening. It brought a few Bible stories into greater perspective and also made the Saviors sacrifice more meaningful. I very strongly recommend this book to everyone. It has helped me heal and forgive some recent events in my life. I needed this book and honestly I can not think of anyone that would not benefit from it. Please find a copy and read it. The second book I just finished was "Rebekah", by Orson Scott Card. Now I know that this book is fiction. But the historical fiction books for me are always my favorite, if they're done well. I love the way they can make history come alive for me. My favorite book of all time is "The Work and the Glory" series. I have read the entire series twice and I was considering starting it again until I picked up this book "Rebekah", it did the same thing for me that "The Work and the Glory" did. It brought the gospel and the scriptures to life for me. My testimony is in no way based on these series, but it is strengthen by it. I learned a lot of things that I never knew about Isaac and Abraham and the story of Esau and Jacob. It brought the story to life. I love these kinds of books. I am going to read the other books in the series. Does anyone have any other good suggestions to read? I have also read "The Kingdom and the Crown" honestly it was not my favorite. I read it after "The Work and the Glory" and I was disappointed that I didn't feel a greater understanding and bond with the savior. I know that may sound silly. I should expect to get the feeling from the scriptures and I do, but these books make the scriptures real to me, they help me to understand the their actions and the sequence in which things occured. But the kingdom and the crown left me without that feeling of understanding the savior better. I think I was looking for that in the series, the same way I felt that after reading the work and the glory. Perhaps I was looking in the wrong place to feel that about the savior, I know, but none the less I was hoping for that.
Anyway I strongly recommend these books to anyone that may be looking for something to read.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Card is one of my favorite authors. I prefer his scifi books (Enders Game, etc) but I'm sure he writes the historical fiction just as well.
I like scifi too. I've never heard of that book. tell me more. I enjoyed his writing style in this book I think I would enjoy his scifi too.
Post a Comment