Monday, July 28, 2008

Avarie Update, kinda

Avarie had a Dr appointment today. it raised more questions then gave us answers, but we have a new symptom to add to her joint pain. The Dr. found a heart murmur. He said it was a pretty severe one and was surprised it had never been heard before. They did an EKG and he said everything looked good on that, I don't know what that means, but they are going to be doing an ultrasound of her heart. They are suppose to call tomorrow to schedule it. The Dr. is also consulting with a Rheumatologist this evening and waiting for the blood cultures from the hospital, they should take about another 24 hours or so. There are a lot of possibilities right now and just no answers.
We are all holding up OK. I think we just are not letting ourselves think anything too bad. If something bad comes about then we'll deal with it then, but for right now there are just too many questions and no answers. The heart thing scares me, but some how I feel like everything is going to be OK.

No one is really blogging right now and I'm feeling irritated. I need things to read and comment about, so come on people lets get blogging.

4 comments:

Twyst said...

Sorry Jenell. Sounds like you're doing okay with everything with Avarie, glad to hear the Dr. is involved and is getting things going. I'm hoping she'll pull through and everything will be well with her.

You can always call if you need to talk or whatever, I'm usually available and always hilarious if you need some funny stories about Amtgarders lol.

Jenell said...

thanks Aaron, I could use a good laugh sometimes. I'll call mom and get your number and give you a call. Yes I have to call mom to get it.

Harries Family said...

Poor Avarie. I was talking to Adam and he said he had a heart murmur when he was little but out grew it, so its possible that this will go away as she gets bigger. I am sorry that you have so much on your plate right now. Your in my prayers. As for blogging I don't have much to blog. sorry you don't have anything to read. I will try to come up with something to write.
Love ya

Breanna said...

I'm sorry for all the stress, I can't imagine. But you are smart not to get too worried until you have some answers. (Not easy) These sorts of things can often turn out to be nothing. I am thinking of your family and will pray for you.