I know his birthday is tomorrow, but I am headed out of town so Happy Early Birthday! On my birthday my little brother wrote an amazing and truly touching post about me. I'm not as eloquent as he is, but I wanted to write him a birthday note anyway.
Growing up I always felt like Aaron's protector and truly his second mother. I have so many memories of trying to take care of him. I remember his band-aid stage where he would have about a hundred band-aids all over him, and I would always get him more because it made his boo-boos go away. I always wanted to protect him, granted I was only 5 years older then him, there was not a lot I could do, but I tried. As he grew up I was always amazed by him. His talents grew into an amazing gift. He has such amazing talents truly given to him by our Father in Heaven. He has been able to not just draw but create since a very young age. His ability is amazing to me, I have always loved his art work, (claymation work), and writings.
When he writes you can truly hear his voice in every word he writes as if he is right in front of you speaking. He is able to express himself so clearly. Few people have a true gift of words, Aaron is one of them.
Over the years we had grown apart. I didn't feel I really knew who my little brother was. I would hear about his life through my mom and my sisters, but I didn't really know him. This blog has given me my little brother back. For the first time in a really long time I feel like I am getting to know him again, and it turns out I really like him. He is an amazing person. I already knew this in my heart but it is great to be able to reconnect with him and become a friend to him as well.
I love you Aaron! I hope you are having a very Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Friday, July 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Thanks Jenell, knowing you think fondly of me growing up and taking care of me makes me feel pretty good.
This was a really nice post and I appreciate you guys thinking of me on my bday, hope you have a nice weekend.
It has been so fun to read all of your birthday posts to Aaron! Family is so important and i love that you all get that! And how sweet that you all posted birthday posts! thanks for sharing these sweet memories and thoughts!
PS i love the new blog lay out!! SO cute!
That was written very well Jenell, Good job! Aaron is a very special brother and we are so lucky to have him in our fam!
Post a Comment