
Today was a very scary day for me. I thought Avarie, my 3 year old, had a very serious illness. Everyone read about my bird mite problem, well yesterday Avarie began getting sick. Today she began to run a high fever. I began to fear that she had been bitten by one of the mites and was displaying signs of encephylitis(sp). We took her in to the ER where she was running a 104 degree temp. The Dr.'s gave her some motrin and since it seemed to make her act better and feel a little better they said that she was probably okay, that it was just a virus. I guess with encephylitis(sp) you would just continue to get worse and worse, not have moments of reprieve. I then proceeded to get a lecture about viruses and how they can be scary but kids just get high fevers sometimes. I am not an idiot, I know kids get sick, but considering our incident with the mites I was not going to take any chances and I did not appreciate being spoken to like an overreacting parent.
Anyway it was terrifying to carry my baby into the ER, with a very high temp. and be thinking she could have a life threatening brain infection. I was almost literally sick to my stomach. Even after the Dr's decided it was just a virus I didn't feel much relief. They can't find any reason for the fever, headache, and incredible sleepiness. Everything checked out. I'm not saying that the Dr's are wrong, because normally that is all I would have thought that this was, just a virus. But the timing of it right after we have this infestation of mites that can cause all these symptoms just still seems odd to me. Coincidence do happen I guess. I just still feel uneasy is all. I wish I could have a little more faith and trust in the Dr. and I probably would had she have not talked to me like I was an overprotective, stupid, parent. So we are just going to watch her for now, and hope that she really does just have a virus.



2 comments:
I hope she is doing better, when mom told me you were taking her to the hospital I got really scared. Lets hope the Dr. is right though and its not the those yucky mites that made her sick. She is in my prayers. Love ya and tell Avarie that I love her.
I always take my kids into the doctor when I have even the slightest fear for them. Usually it is nothing, but you never want to take the chance of NOT taking them in and regreting it for as long as you live. You definately had a VERY legitimate reason to bring her in and have her checked out. It sounds like she will be okay which is good to know. And I hope she is still improving.
Post a Comment