Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hope

Thank you everyone for your comments. It really makes me feel stronger to hear that people think I am strong. I know I'm stronger then I give myself credit for. I think we all are. It really is amazing what we can all live through and still come out intact and stronger and most of the time better then we were before we faced our loss of hope or faith. Its so weird that some of you say that I am an example to you sometimes, because I look to all of you. But I guess maybe each of you for different reasons.
Things are looking better right now. I just had to decide to not lose hope. It's strange that that is honestly a choice. When your in the midst of it, it feels like hope is something you can just lose. But in reality I believe it is something you can either choose to lose or choose to keep. When you feel like you've lost it, it is a devastating experience. We all live our life based on hope. Hope for a good job, hope our children will be healthy, hope we can make it through the day. To feel no hope means you don't know how you are going to make it through that moment. It is very lonely. So choosing to have hope means that I am not going to let myself feel that way any more. I can choose that. I wish I could remember that when I 'm in the moment of that despair but at least it only took me a couple of days to remember it. So I am choosing to have hope. Hope that I can be strong enough to make it through my challenges now and my challenges to come, for I know there are many still to come.
By the way I recently heard about a revolution, but I don't know how or where to join. I guess I'll have to be Switzerland and stay neutral, but I really would like to enlist if I know that it was a worthy cause.

5 comments:

Twyst said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Twyst said...

Switzerland you say? Neutral you say?!!

First they came for the text messengers, and I did not speak out -
because I was not a text messenger.

Then they came for the instant messengers, and I did not speak out -
because I was not a instant messenger.

Then they came for the bloggers, and I did not speak out -
because I was not a blogger.

Then they came for me - and there was no one left to leave me comments.

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?! VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

Breanna said...

It's a good point you bring up about hope being a choice. I know I've been there, thinking what hope is there? And that all is lost, but I suppose all may not be lost if we choose to have hope and keep pushing forward. (and how would we ever know if we just gave up?.) Maybe what we had hoped for may not occur. As you once reminded me..things always work out, just maybe not in the exact way we had expected them to.

Super Cooper said...

I agree, Hope is so important to survival! Discouragement is the devils best tool. thats when he gets us thinking like him. The things ive been through and survived were only possible because of hope and faith. And in the words of Janett Giles- Every thing will be all right.
Heather

Meagan Marie said...

I try to think of it this way. . . I know that the Lord doesn't give us trials that we can't overcome, with is help of course. So when ever i am faced with a trial that i think there is no way i am going to get through this, i try to take it as a complement. I tell my self 'the Lord must think that i am pretty amazing to send me this one.' LOL!

I love the thought of actively being hopeful! i am going to try to apply that in my life daily!