My day ended up getting better thanks to my wonderful sister Andrea. I give her a hard time a lot but she is an amazing woman.
I didn't get all of the things done I needed to, not by a long shot, but oh well I'll try to figure it out tomorrow. Like groceries. I need groceries desperately but I just got kids cleaned up and in bed from our fathers day thing at my parents and if I left now to go shopping I wouldn't be home until12:30 - 1:00. And we didn't get our car picked up so I have to follow Craig in the morning to Portland on his way to work. Then I will have to take all four kids to the store with me. Only people with 3 or more kids can understand how truly horrible that is. I would rather scrub a strangers toilet then take all of my kids with me to the store.
On a more reflective note. My dad is one amazing person. I never realized how amazing until the last several years, and more so even recently. Growing up my dad worked a lot. Supporting and raising 8 children is not cheap. I use to wish he had been around more when I was young. Its not until recently that I truly value what he did for us. He loved us enough to sacrifice himself to support us. He worked day and evening if he had to. He did what ever he had to to take care of us. And he did a good job. I know there were some financial hard times, but he always just worked harder and always prospered. We were never wealthy swimming in money, but we always had a home, food, clothing and extras. He did well for us. Now as an adult struggling to take care of my four children I truly appreciate and value his sacrifices for us. Its amazing how love can grow, even for someone you have known since the moment you were born.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Well thanks, it's nice to be appreciated. I second the grocery shopping thing and that Dad is amazing . Dad should charge money for his advice and council.
Post a Comment