Saturday, June 21, 2008

My Apology to My Husband for Nagging

I want to write a letter to my husband on my blog, maybe it can be a good reminder to other wives also.
Last night it was late getting home from my parents and I wanted to wash up the kids first before bed because they were filthy. I started the bath and started getting them in. You stood by and helped each of the kids get out and dried off and dressed without me even asking. You cuddled our sweet children and led family prayer. You then helped them all into bed. While I was saying goodnight to Addisen you stood by and watched. I was then trying to get her fan turned on and get baby and turn off the light and I saw you standing there and I said "Why are you just standing there you could help me" meaning trying to get baby and turn off lights, your response to me was "I was waiting for you, I wanted to be with you." I felt annoyed that you were standing there watching and not helping me. What I neglected was all of the wonderful help you had given to me all night. I am sorry I let 10 seconds take away from the 30 minutes of continued, wonderful help you gave me without me having to even ask. And then to love me enough to just want to be near me. I am so sorry that I did not kiss your feet and thank you for your amazing help. So hopefully it is not too late today, Thank you for being there for me and helping me without me even having to ask. And thank you for loving me enough to just want to be near me, that makes me feel adored. And thank you for going to work today and working so hard for me and the children. I know how hard you work and I want you to know how much I appreciate and love you for all you do.

2 comments:

mommyof6 said...

That was a sweet apology I could see it all in my head and you described it. You are a mean and nagging wench! Sorry but that felt good, ha ha! Now who's the church lady. On a serious note I'm glad that you took the time to acknowledge what you're husband was trying to express to you , which I'm sure is his love and appreciation for you, and I'm glad that you are now taking the time to express yours for him. You guys need a date night I think. Let me know and I'll take the kids for you guys.

Jenell said...

I hope you repent for that comment, and I'm sorry you are still The Church Lady. Yes we do need a date night, thank you for the offer. We'll have to set that up sometime, thanks.