Thursday, October 2, 2008

Recovery

I have been recovering this week from 2 wisdom teeth removed on Monday. It was not a pleasant experience. I don't know if this place is just a chop shop or if that is the kind of experience everyone has getting wisdom teeth removed. One of the roots broke off during the extraction, they were going to have to refer me to an oral surgeon to have it removed and then the other dentist came back from lunch and offered to give it a try. They numbed me up a little more and then I heard the drill and felt a whole lot of digging and pulling. They didn't numb me up enough! They got the root out, but I was trying not to cry, but couldn't help it, it really hurt. They said I was going to have a bad recovery and that I would swell a lot so I stayed on top of my pain meds when I got home and then around 3am the next morning I was throwing up nonstop until the afternoon when they called in some anti-nausea stuff for me and my mom picked it up for me. Since then I have been fine. I am not taking the pain meds after that first day and I actually feel OK. I mean my mouth doesn't feel great and I can't open my mouth more then about 1 inch, but its manageable. I think I have a high pain tolerance. And I am barely swollen, it's only noticeable if I say some thing and then people will say yeah I can tell you are a little swollen, but its not like I walk in a room and people wonder what happened to her.
I have to go back in 3 weeks to have the other two removed. This time I am going to ask for gas, they didn't give me any this last time.
I am just really glad that I am half way done, one more trip to the dentist and then I can just go for my regular cleanings.

4 comments:

mommyof6 said...

I love the gas! Why didn't you get it this time? Next time have Craig take picture of you so we can all get the full affect!

Rachel and Ryan said...

OUCH!!! Sorry to hear it has been such a miserable experience. I remember getting my wisdom teeth pulled. No fun. Best of luck next round. I'll be thinking of you. May your recovery be quick.

Let's get together when all the mouth stuff is behind you. I would love to see you or at least drop by with a milkshake or something. Love ya!

Twyst said...

Heh, I remember mine. I got all 4 out in one sitting I believe. Gotta go with the gas too, good stuff. However the pain meds didn't mix well with me either. I wasn't in too much pain like you too I think.

I think I remember sitting next to Ryan watching him play on his comp, then waking up in my bed later that night. I guess I had passed out on him lol.

Breanna said...

I am so sorry to hear about Avarie's diagnosis. I don't know what would be the right thing to say. But my heart truly goes out to you and your family at this time. You are in my thoughts and prayers. With love, Breanna